Collection of Gas, Oil, & Automobile Signs & Memorabilia
Date: Saturday July 7, 2012
Time: 10:00am CST
Location: Wakonda Legion Hall, Wakonda, SD
Auctioneers: Dan Matthews
This auction will be held in conjunction with Girard Auctions.
Auctioneer's NoteOnline Bidders residing in South Dakota must pay 6% sales Tax!
Automobiles: 1938 Ford 2-door Convertible, Restored; 1946 Ford 2-door Convertible-restored;
50+ Gas & Oil Signs Large & Small—from large double sided signs to small pump plates.
40+ Signs, Clocks & Thermometers for Tires, Spark Plugs, & Batteries!
25+ Automobile Dealership Signs, Clocks & Thermometers—Many different Ford’s including Double Sided Diecut “V8”, 6’ Oval, several nice smaller signs & Neon Clock; others include Willys-Knight, Overland, Whippet/Willy’s-Knight; Hudson; Chevrolet; REO, GMC Trucks, McCormick-Deering; International Trucks; Buick, Chrysler; Dodge Brothers; Pontiac; Oakland-Pontiac; Studebaker; Hupmobile, DeSoto/Plymouth; Star Cars & More;
*Several nice graphic Oil Cans & Bottles
Transportation Memorabilia: Glass Gear Shift Knobs; Ford Moto-Meter NIB, Radiator Caps; Mascots; Ford Model A Key Rack w/ keys; Early Valvoline & Hagstrom Spark Plugs Glass Paperweights; ’32 Champion Sparkplug Chart; Several Ford Promo Cars; Ford Coil Tester Box; Dodge Clipboard NIB: ’35 Ford V-8 Calendar—Lake Mills, IA; ’36 Diecut Trucking Calendar-nice; ’18 Ford Tin Litho Calendar—Mankato, MN; several Oil Thermometers; Mobil Upperlube Counter Display; 1961 Chrysler 6pc Celluloid Display Sign Set-nice; Early Cast Iron Script Jacks—Packard, Studebaker, & Cadillac; License Plate toppers; ’63 Chevy Award; Rare Hawthorne Auto Tire Pump w/ original wood crate-exposed cylinders-cool; ’59 Mercury Spare Tire Carrier Mechanical Display; Gabriel Tri-Horn w/ literature; Ford Model T Book Bank; Flying Quail Radiator Cap; DeLaval Match Holder; Several Mankato Area Advertising smalls; Black Boy 5’x5’ Wall Hanging-early; Ford Spark Plugs, Ford Script Scissors; Pens & Pencils;
License Plates: 1908 MN Leather; 1909 MN 3-digit; 1910 MN 4-digit; 1911 MN Porcelain-mint; Rare Washington Special SN Tag; Full set of MN Plates from 1915-1946; Wadena Chariots Car Club Plaque; ’14 CA Porcelain Plate; German and Holland Plates;
Dealership Full Line, Hardcover Sales Manuals: ’57 Chevy, ’56 Chevy, ’55 Packard Clipper; rare ’29 Ford Model A-mint; ’62 Chevy; ’63 Chevy w/ Split window Corvette; ’59 Chevy; ’50, ’51, ’52, ’53 & ’54 Oldsmobile; 1954 Chevy Large Dealership Flip Chart; ’52 Buick Standup Book; 1961 to ’65 Oldsmobile; ’64 & ’65 Buick; ’69 Oldsmobile;
Paper: Many great Auto accessory catalogs from 19-teens to 1930’s; ’52 & ’53 Studebaker Calendars; 1st & 2nd Generation Corvette Brochures; ’56 & ’58 Chevy Brochures; Several Chevy, Ford & Dodge Muscle Car brochures; several nice & early brochures; early road maps; Phillips 66 1930’s Magazines; ’69 Dodge Postcard Collection; many Ford books; V-8 Service Bulletins; 100+ 1930’s postcards; ’20 COLT Firearms catalog; MN World War I County Books—Nobles, Waseca, Cottonwood, & Mower Counties; Early Stove Catalogs; Early Telephone Catalogs; Early Radio Catalogs; 50+ 1920’s Travel Books;
Terms & Conditions1) 15% Buyers Premium discounted to 10% if paying by cash or check, 18% Buyers Premium for all absentee or internet bidders. (absentee & internet bidders must pay with Visa or MasterCard only.)
2) Please bring a bank letter of guarantee for purchases over $10,000. Information is subject to change. All lots are sold as is, where is, with all faults, imperfection and errors of description. Due diligence is the responsibility of the bidder/buyer.
3) All sales are final.
4) Purchase maybe removed upon receipt of payment in full. Buyers assume complete responsibility for care of each purchase at time of sale.
5) We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone. All statements made prior to the sale of any item take precedence over written material and any prior verbal statements.
6) Not responsible for accidents, thefts errors or omissions.
Online Bidding & other terms of the auction:
1. For Live Internet and Absentee Bidding there is a 18% Buyers Premium added to the total.
2. Matthews Auctions LLC (Auctioneer) has put forth very effort in preparing the catalog for this auction to provide accurate description of all items. All property is sold “as is” and it is the bidder’s responsibility to determine the exact condition of each item. Printed statements or descriptions by staff are provided in good faith and are matters of opinion. Absolutely NO refunds after a 10-day inspection period.
3. All accounts must be settled at the conclusion of the auction. We accept Visa & MasterCard only. Your credit card will be charged for your purchase, plus buyer’s premiums, and any taxes. A pre-auction authorization will e performed to establish available credit. Debit cards may show a hold on funds for a short period of time. Nothing will be charged to your card until a purchase is made.
4. In order to better serve our customers, all bidders must provide their name, address, daytime phone number and email address at which they can be contacted. This is to insure good communication between Auctioneer and the bidder through out and transactions.
5. All sales are final.
6. By bidding on any item, the bidder shows acceptance of the terms of the auction & Auctioneer.
7. The auctioneer reserves the right to refuse service to any person or persons.
8. All announcements made day of auction take precedence over any and all written or verbal statements.
9. The Auctioneer has the sole discretion to advance the bidding and may reject a nominal advance, should it in his estimation prove injurious to the auction. The auctioneer shall be the final judge in all bidding disputes and shall name a bidder as the purchaser.
10. The Auctioneer shall not be held responsible for any missed bids or bids unseen by the auctioneer or any of their agents.
11. Online auction move quickly. If you are interested in an item, bid quickly. If you win and item in the auction you will be notified by email, In order to have enough time to conduct authorization, registration must be completed at least 24 hours in advance of the auction. If it is multiple day event, 24 hours prior to the first day of the auction. If the day before an auction falls on a holiday or weekend, the deadline is the day before the holiday or the Friday prior to the auction.
12. The purchaser agrees to pay all reasonable attorney fees and costs incurred by the Auctioneer in the collection of funds. The purchaser also agrees that a fee of 2% per month be added to the balance of any unpaid balance due the auction company and any other cost or losses incurred by the purchaser failure to adhere to these terms. Any debt collection or dispute proceedings will be heard in Montgomery County, Illinois.
13. Shipping: The Auction Company ships through the United State Postal Service, or Federal Express. Packing and shipping cost is the responsibility of the buyer and may be quoted before shipping. Fragile or large items may or will be shipped by a professional shipping company and may result in higher shipping cost. All items will be insured for the purchase price. Our first priority is to deliver your new purchase in excellent in condition. All items won online are automatically packed and shipped, unless the auction company has indicated otherwise.